High blood sugar levels in pregnant women can cause birth defects and can also increase the chances of miscarriage. Let us now discuss elaborately how diabetes can affect a pregnant woman. It is important to consult a doctor as soon as you come to know that you are pregnant, as high blood glucose level during the early stages of pregnancy can have a negative bearing on the outcome on successful pregnancy. It is during the early period (2 to 4 weeks) that the baby gets affected due to high blood sugar level because it is during this period that the organs of the baby start forming, such as the head, heart and the lungs. There is always a chance of these organs being defective due to diabetes. Examples of such defects include defects in the heart, spine or the brains. There are many health problems that a pregnant woman can develop due to diabetes. Such problems include kidney disease and problems of the eye. Other health problems that a pregnant woman can develop include toxemia, which is a problem related to high blood pressure and excess proteins in the urine as a result of high level in blood sugar. These problems generally arise during the second half of the pregnancy and may become life threatening both to the mother as well as the baby. In most cases the result is premature delivery, which becomes necessary when reaching the 37 →
It is during the period of pregnancy that women are more prone to health effects like constipation, backache, nausea, Incontinence , Aching Feet,Exhaustion , Muscle Spasm, Varicose Veins and Moodiness. These are the side effects of pregnancy that can keep women from staying fit and healthy. Pregnancy Yoga, better known as Prenatal Yoga can be the ultimate remedy for pregnant women to stay agile and fit. Here are some pregnancy yoga recommended by gynecologists.
- Butterfly Pose and Squats are recommended for 1st These yoga exercises will keep your thigh muscles, lower and upper back and the legs relaxed and also help to improve the blood circulation to ensure the baby’s proper growth. Your abs and the gluteal muscles are also strengthened, in which case, there is no extra pressure on the spine.
- Kegels and Standing Crunch are the yoga exercises recommended for the 2nd These exercises help to prevent bladder problems and ensures that the delivery is easier. The abdominal muscles stay relaxed and there are fewer chances of spasms during the pregnancy period.
- Swimming and Bicep Curls are recommended for the 3rd These exercises help the joints of the body to stay relaxed and strengthens the arm muscles which is essential during the postnatal period. The buoyancy of the water helps the body muscles to stay toned.
If you are one of those contemplating for bearing a child at the age of 40, there can be words for encouragement provided you are aware of some of the basic facts that relate to pre natal and post natal issues. Here are some facts that you need to know before you conceive.
- Consultation with your gynecologist is important because there are certain immunization which should be done that include vaccination. Alternative medications should be consumed instead of those which may be harmful during pregnancy. It is advisable to wait for a month after immunization before conceiving.
- Exercises are recommended during pregnancy that include aerobics and exercises for increasing flexibility and resistance. Even light weight lifting is also recommended, besides swimming, yoga, stationary biking and walking.
- A healthy diet is essential for pregnant women as important it is to stay away from intake of caffeine, smoking, alcohol and other drugs which may be harmful.
- If you are taking fertility drugs to increase the chances of conceiving, there is a possibility of having twins or even triplets.
- Chances of abnormalities in birth can be reduced by carrying out certain tests like the NIPT (Cell Free
Antenatal Care During Pregnancy is the clinical assessment of mother and fetus. It is advisable to have 12-16 doctor visits for the assessment of pregnant women before and during pregnancy. The main purpose of antenatal care is to supervise the maternal and fatal well-being during pregnancy. It also identifies and treats conditions that may harm the health of the new-born and mother; prepares for the labor and also high quality life after birth. It is better to start antenatal care as early as possible. An expectant mother should go for check-ups once in a month until 28 weeks, twice a month until 36 weeks and every week in last 4 weeks. Some of the main objectives of antenatal-care are:
- Screen the conditions such as anemia, infections from sexual contacts etc.
- Ensure delivery of a full term healthy baby.
- Provide an appropriate treatment for the predictable problems during or after pregnancy.
- Teach the mother about child care, nutrition, sanitation and hygiene.
- Give guidance to the mother on breast feeding and post-natal care.
Antenatal care is very beneficial and it mainly falls under four categories. Accurate nutritional diet: Maintaining nutritional diet is very critical for the well-being of mother and the un →
Studies claim that on an average 3 out of 10 women suffer from Uterine Fibroids. Lets see how to Reduce Uterine Pain Caused by Fibroids. These are the most common benign tumors which are found in females of childbearing age. As any lady who has ever experienced uterine fibroids can let you know, they can be to a great degree, excruciating. The reason for the occurrence of this could be many, including stress, lifestyle, hormonal imbalance or diet. From last a decade, India has become a hub of medical tourism and the treatment for any women related health issue can be found here. The hospitals that offer Uterine Fibroids Treatment in Mumbai suggest it is a wise idea to choose a Fibroid Removal Surgery to treat the disease. Before we tell you anything, let’s learn what is it? What are Uterine Fibroids? It is a condition when tumors occur in the uterus which are not cancerous, and can yet cause numerous health problems to women. They may be single or numerous, can be quite inside the uterus lining or in the strong mass of the uterus. Fibroids are made of muscle cells and different tissues that develop in and around the mass of the uterus, or womb. What Causes Uterine Fibroids? The correct reasons why the female body creates fibroi →
There are many gynecologists in Mumbai. One of them is Dr. Neelima Mantri. She is the Best Female Gynecologist Mumbai. She is well known for gynecology treatment and obstetrician specialist in Mumbai. Because of Her co -friendly nature and result oriented advice listed her name under the list of top 10 gynecologists Mumbai. Till Dr. Neelima perform various successful surgeries. She has a rich experience in her field. She has an experience of over 10 years. Along with gynecology treatment, she is also an expert in various surgeries such as Laparoscopic Surgery, Endometriosis, Infertility treatment and much more. Dr. Neelima Mantri is well educated MS- gynecology, obstetrics and MBBS- obstetrician and gynecologist. She completed her under – graduation from the reputed tertiary care referral Centre in India, K →
There are many Gynecologists in Mumbai one of them is Dr. Neelima Mantri. She is the Famous Gynecologist Mumbai. Along with gynecology, she is also an expert in Obstetrician. Because of her result oriented advice and co-friendly nature listed her name under the list of top 10 gynecologists in Mumbai. She is well educated MS- gynecology, obstetrics and MBBS- obstetrician and gynecologist. She has an experience of over 10 years in her field. Basically, Gynecologist is a physician who has successfully completed specialized education and training in the health of reproductive or a doctor who is expertize in pregnancy, childbirth and disorders of the reproductive system. Dr. Neelima’s aim is to care for the whole patient, with particular emphasis on the female reproductive system, including routine primary and preventive care, pregnancy and delivery, menopause, and medical or surgical management of all gynecological problems. Dr. Neelima provides a full range of general gynecologic services for women, from yearly examinations and screenings to highly specialized procedures. General gynecologic problems such as abnormal bleeding, chr →