Infertility is the inability of the couple to conceive and have a baby despite trying. In one third of the cases are due to problems with the women, in a third of cases there occurs problems with the male partner, whereas the remaining cases are due to a combination of male and female factors. Infertility should be investigated early to avoid its irreversibility as ageing of the female partner drastically reduces the probabilities of pregnancy. Also certain conditions like tuberculosis or endometriosis keep on advancing if not treated early.
- Investigation of the causes in both the partners
- Laparoscopy to diagnose the causes in the female partner
- Treatment of infertility with medications
- Ovulation induction
- Intra Uterine Insemination
- Microsurgery of fallopian tubes when involved