Premature pregnancy is giving premature birth before the due date of delivery. Let us discuss the premature causes and signs that can help you to prevent premature pregnancy. The causes that can lead to premature birth are:
- Overweight or underweight
- Getting pregnant soon after the previous delivery
- Having twins or more during pregnancy
- Problems regarding the cervix or the uterus
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes (especially gestational diabetes)
- Smoking and drugs
These are the major causes of premature pregnancy, which can be prevented to reduce the risks involved. Here is how you can prevent premature pregnancy, says Dr. Neelima Mantri, a renowned Gynecologist.
- Follow some light to moderate exercises for having control over weight. A balanced diet is important for preventing obesity as well as to improve upon the present weight. Staying physically active will help in overall health during pregnancy.
- Avoid getting pregnant soon after giving birth to a previous baby. Talk with your partner to avoid such situations when there might be a chance of conceiving.
- If you are having problems with the cervix or t